Last Updated on November 19th
‘‘Personal Information’’ is information which identifies an individual or relates to an identifiable individual, such as their name, postal address, email address, telephone number, profile picture, social media account ID, age, financial information, etc.
Collection of Personal Information
Vetdiet collects Personal Information when users agree to provide it to Vetdiet, notably when they decide to subscribe to a newsletter, when submitting a request or filling an online form via the Web site, or when entering a promotion. Vetdiet may also receive Personal Information from its service providers or other third parties.
Use of Personal Information
Vetdiet treats the Personal Information of all individuals it interacts with seriously. Vetdiet strictly uses Personal Information for legitimate business purposes as disclosed herein.
Vetdiet can use the Personal Information collected on the Web site, for the following purposes:
- to provide products and services or information requested by the users, to communicate with them in order to respond to a question, for internal quality assurance or to maintain the quality of the information provided by way of the Web site;
- to send administrative information to users;
- to allow users to participate in sweepstakes, contests and other promotions;
- to inform users about news, updates, information or special offers regarding Vetdiet products, but the user can, at any time, ask Vetdiet to remove their address from Vetdiet’s electronic message sending list by following the unsubscribe link provided in any email Vetdiet sends;
- to accomplish its business purposes, which includes audits, fraud and security monitoring, developing or improving products, manage adverse event reporting relating to its products, audits, fraud and security monitoring, developing or improving products, manage adverse event reporting relating to its products, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of its promotional campaigns and operating and expanding its business activities;
- Vetdiet can also use the personal information if it has reasonable cause to believe it can be used for an inquest regarding the violation of any law, rule or regulation, or to ensure the protection or defense of a legal interest;
- Vetdiet may use information as otherwise disclosed to the user at the point of information collection or as otherwise permitted by law.
Retention and Storage of Personal Information
Vetdiet retains the Personal Information it collects for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained and consistent with applicable law.
Personal Information collected on the Web site or received from users or third parties may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country where Vetdiet or its service providers maintain facilities.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Vetdiet agrees not to render public, sell, rent or share Personal Information to any party, except as provided herein.
Vetdiet will only communicate Personal Information to a third party in the following circumstances:
- the user expressly authorizes Vetdiet to communicate the information provided for a specific purpose;
- to third party service providers, such as web hosting, data analysis, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other services, to facilitate services they provide to Vetdiet; to third parties to permit them to send marketing communications, consistent with each user’s choices; or to third party sponsors of sweepstakes, contests, and similar promotions, consistent with each user’s choices. These third parties have access to Personal Information only to perform specific tasks on Vetdiet’s behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use that information for any other purpose.
Security of Personal Information
Vetdiet uses reasonable, commercially acceptable security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information it stores, in order to protect it from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification, or disclosure.
However, no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Vetdiet cannot guarantee the absolute security of the Personal Information it has collected.
Access to Personal Information and modifications
Users may access their Personal Information for the purposes of consulting, updating or modifying it by communicating with Vetdiet at the following email address: email@example.com.
Users can also contact Vetdiet by mail at the following address:
10400, rue Renaude-Lapointe
Montréal (Québec) Canada H1J 2V7
Vetdiet takes the necessary precautions to comply with applicable laws concerning privacy of minors. The content of the Web site is aimed at a general audience and does not address anyone under the age of 13. Vetdiet will therefore not seek to collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13 without the verified consent of the parental authority or otherwise according to what the law permits. If a parent or legal guardian believes his or her child has given Vetdiet information, they can send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Non-personal information’’ is information such as Internet domain and the Internet Protocol address (IP address) used to access the Web site, the date and time of visit, the pages visited, the type and version of web browser or the operating system used by a user, the web site the users came from and the one that they visit when they leave the Web site and the physical location of the device used to access the Web site. General information, such as demographic statistics about the users, number of visits and average time spent using the Web site are also considered non-personal information.
Collection of non-personal information
Vetdiet collects and obtains non-personal information in a variety of ways, including through a user’s browser or device, and by using cookies, pixel tags and other technologies.
Cookies are fragments of information sent through the user’s computer when they consult a web site. They are recorded, temporarily or permanently, on hard drives, therefore leaving a record of the visit. This information can include such things as the date and time of the user’s last visit. Cookies can also improve the online experience by recording browser preferences for a particular web site.
Cookies folders saved on the hard drive are inoffensive and can be read and deleted at any time. As such, the user has total control. This information regards the total number of visitors to a Web site as well as the duration of these visits. When the user consults a Web site, a cookie is created and saved on their computer, which allows Vetdiet to “recognize’’ a user each time they consult the Web site.
Use of non-personal information
Vetdiet uses non-personal information for following up on a visit to the Web site and for improving use, performing statistical analyses on the overall characteristics and habits of users, measuring the demographic variables and interests of users relating to specific products and services, describing these products or services to a third party and potential business partners, and determining how and where the application of Vetdiet resources can be used most effectively. No Personal Information is divulged regarding these activities.
Vetdiet may use users’ devices’ physical location to provide them with personalized location-based services and content. In some instances, users may be permitted to allow or deny such uses of their devices’ location, but, if they do, Vetdiet may not be able to provide them with the applicable personalized services and content.
Do Not Track disclosure
Vetdiet does not support “Do Not Track” browser settings and does not currently participate in any Do Not Track frameworks that would allow it to respond to signals or other mechanisms from users regarding the collection of their personal information.
Hyperlinks to Third Party Sites
Questions, comments or suggestions