Last Updated on November 19th
This Policy Privacy explains how Vetdiet treats the information received relating to its users’ activity on the Web site.
Types of information received
Vetdiet collects two types of information on users: personal information and non-personal information.
This information is collected notably when the user :
- participates in a contest or promotion ;
- requests information on Vetdiet products and services ;
- sends Vetdiet questions or comments ;
- completes a job application ;
- navigates the Web site.
Collecting personal information on the Web site
Vetdiet may collect personal information on users when doing so relates to the use of the Web site.
‘‘Personal information’’ is information which identifies physical persons, such as their name, contact information, address, email, telephone number, bill number, financial information, etc. Vetdiet collects personal information when users agree to provide it upon subscribing with Vetdiet, notably when they decide to subscribe to a newsletter, or when submitting a request via the Web site. Vetdiet may also receive personal information by its commercial partners or other third parties, on the condition that these third parties confirm that the user authorized them to share this information.
Using personal information
Vetdiet treats the personal information of all persons it interacts with seriously. Vetdiet strictly limits the collecting of personal information to that required for conducting business.
Only the persons authorized by Vetdiet have access to personal information. These employees are informed by Vetdiet of their obligation to keep this personal information confidential.
Vetdiet can use the personal information collected on the Web site for the following purposes:
- providing products and services or information requested by the users, to communicate with them in order to respond to a question, for internal quality assurance or to maintain the quality of the information provided by way of the Web site ;
- to inform users about news, updates, information or special offers regarding Vetdiet products and services, but the sending of these electronic messages is done in compliance with so-called anti-spam laws and the user can, at any time, ask Vetdiet to remove their address from Vetdiet’s electronic message sending list, notably by clicking the unsubscribe button in Vetdiet’s electronic messages ;
- Vetdiet can also use the personal information if it has reasonable cause to believe it can be used for an inquest regarding the violation of a federal, provincial or foreign law, or to ensure the protection or defense of a legal interest.
Saving personal information
Vetdiet saves the personal information it collects as long as it is deemed necessary for conducting business.
Communicating personal information
Vetdiet agrees not to render public, sell, rent or share personal information to any party.
Vetdiet will only communicate personal information to a third party in the following circumstances :
- the user expressly authorizes Vetdiet to communicate the information provided for a specific purpose;
- the third parties in question act on behalf of Vetdiet as agents or suppliers of goods or services, and the information is communicated directly to them in order to improve the services rendered by Vetdiet. These third parties respect the strict contractual provisions which require them to maintain the confidentiality of all information and to use them only for purposes related to the providing of Vetdiet products or services ;
- if Vetdiet is engaged to provide personal information in response to a properly authorized judicial order, to subpoena documents, to an inquest by authorities, or when such is otherwise required by law. Vetdiet also reserves the right to inform authorities of the law of any activity it truthfully believes to be illegal. Vetdiet may communicate certain personal information when it deems such communication to be reasonably necessary to protect the rights, the goods or the security of a third party as well as that of Vetdiet or to ensure the user’s obligations to Vetdiet are upheld.
Security of personal information
Vetdiet takes the security and protection of personal information seriously. Vetdiet takes the technical, contractual and administrative measures and necessary materials for protecting personal information the user provides. While it is impossible to guarantee full protection and that Vetdiet cannot be held responsible in the event of theft, illegal use or unauthorized divulging, loss, alteration or destruction of the personal information by a third party, Vetdiet has adopted rigorous methods with strict security standards to ensure the protection of personal information.
Access to personal information and modifications
The user may access their personal information for the purposes of consulting, updating or modifying it by communicating with Vetdiet at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also contact Vetdiet at the following address:
10400, rue Renaude-Lapointe
Montréal (Québec) H1J 2V7
Vetdiet takes the necessary precautions to comply with applicable laws concerning privacy of minors. The content of the Web site is aimed at a general audience and not minors. Vetdiet will therefore not seek to collect personal information from minors without the verified consent of the parental authority or otherwise according to what the law permits. If at any time you believe Vetdiet is doing so, please let us know.
Collecting non-personal information
Regarding the use of its Web site, Vetdiet may collect non-personal information regarding users.
“Non-personal information’’ is information such as Internet domain (for example, “companyabc.com”) and the Internet Protocol address (IP address) used to access the Web site, the date and time of visit, the pages visited, the type and version of web browser or the operating system used by a user as well as the web site the user just accessed and which they will access. General information, such as demographic statistics about the users, number of visits and average time spent using the Web site are also considered non-personal information.
Vetdiet collects and obtains non-personal information regarding the use of its Web site. For example, when a user chooses to visit the Web site, the servers may automatically collect non-personal information provided via a web browser or stored in a cookie, or in another digital format.
Using non-personal information
Vetdiet uses non-personal information for following up on a visit to the Web site and for improving use, performing statistical analyses on the overall characteristics and habits of users, measuring the demographic variables and interests of users relating to specific products and services, describing these products or services to a third party and potential business partners, and determining how and where the application of Vetdiet resources can be used most effectively. No personal information is divulged regarding these activities.
This non-personal information is necessary in order for Vetdiet to collect the personal information required for counting the number of visitors, most visited pages, technology used by the users of the Web site, sourcing sites and users’ home countries.
Cookies are fragments of information sent through the user’s computer when they consult a web site. They are recorded, temporarily or permanently, on hard drives, therefore leaving a record of the visit. This information can include such things as the date and time of the user’s last visit. Cookies can also improve the online experience by recording browser preferences for a particular web site.
Cookies folders saved on the hard drive are inoffensive and can be read and deleted at any time. As such, the user has total control. This information regards the total number of visitors to a Web site as well as the duration of these visits. When the user consults a Web site, a cookie is created and saved on their computer, which allows Vetdiet to “recognize’’ a user each time they consult the Web site.
Hyperlinks to Third Party Sites
Questions, comments or suggestions